Welcome To WUW.

Please Log In, Or Register

Goodluck and Have Fun
Worlds Ultimate Wrestling
Welcome To WUW.

Please Log In, Or Register

Goodluck and Have Fun
Worlds Ultimate Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the forum for Worlds Ultimate Wrestling. General Manager Backyard Bud.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Season 3 is coming! New Superstars, New Rosters, New Alliances!

Help with my gimmick

Go down 
3 posters

Finisher Poll
Dead Memories
Help with my gimmick Icon_voting_bar100%Help with my gimmick Icon_voting_bar
 100% [ 2 ]
Psycosocial
Help with my gimmick Icon_voting_bar0%Help with my gimmick Icon_voting_bar
 0% [ 0 ]
All hope is gone
 0% [ 0 ]
Tattered
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Cardiac Animal

Cardiac Animal

Help with my gimmick Empty
PostSubject: Help with my gimmick   Help with my gimmick Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:21 am

ok i have to choose between alot of things.... first is stay face or go heel.... i really want to go heel at the end of this season and turn heel at the beginning of next season. most people say i shouldnt though...... but i have a new character building up inside me. i am going to have a mask and long hair and im a former singer. and my finisher is in the poll above. my new theme will be in a theme song poll on a different topic.... in the last rp of the season im gonna mention i am a former singer. But if i SHOULD stay face it is possible. but if i turn heel i will have BETTER RPs and easier things for me to do. so reply to this with your thoughts and look at both polls i am going to make. the one connected to this topic will be my finisher poll. i will make another topic for my finisher. there is only 2 choices of theme song though.

thanks

Last edited by Cardiac Animal on Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Johnny Anderson

Johnny Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Help with my gimmick   Help with my gimmick Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 3:30 pm

I'd say go with whatever you think suits your character's ,well, character the best, whether it be Tweener, Face, or Heel. You might also want to consider how your roleplays will be affected in terms of quality. I've done all three, Face, Heel, AND Tweener just while I was in R&RW. But, what I noticed yesterday while I was looking back on all three types of RPs that I did over there was that when I did Heel RPs, the dark side of my personality came out a lot, while when I did Face RPs, my nice side came out a lot, and my Tweener RPs were based off of my normal personality. That being said, my own personality was affected in a small, but sufficient enough, way by how I was writing the roleplays, whether Face, Heel, or Tweener. I've also seen other people who tend to base their character's personality off of one aspect of their own. Sometimes it works out and results in a great character and great roleplays, but most of the time, it results in a character that just won't work for any fueds or storylines and is basically a flop (I think you know what I mean, even though I can't find the right way to say it). Keep that in mind, and do what you think will have the best results for you as a person and your character in this federation.

Sorry for the length, just needed to get my point across.
Back to top Go down
Cardiac Animal

Cardiac Animal

PostSubject: Re: Help with my gimmick   Help with my gimmick Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:31 am

Thanks for all the help Johnny. I have used your advice for alot of things. My finishers new name is Cardiac Attack. My entrance music is Dead Memories. But i am going to be a tweener. I like being a Face but i also want to be a Heel at the same time. so i am going to be a tweener. i will love the fans but i wont care about them and they wont care about me at the same time. i think i will have fun RPing being a tweener. Thanks Alot
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine

Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Help with my gimmick   Help with my gimmick Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 3:36 am

Johnny speaks the truth. Every successful RL wrestler has had to go through a bunch of gimmicks before they found one that played with part of their real personality. Without that connection any character is doomed.

Anybody remember "Stunning Steve Austin" as one half of the Hollywood Blonds? How about as The Ringmaster? Did anybody see a future superstar in "Blue Chipper" Rocky Maivia? Did you see Scott Hall as Vinnie Vegas and think "There goes a kid headed for the big time?" And who could forget good old Scottie Flamingo?

My point is don't be afraid to keep exploring until you find your inner character. You'll know it when you get there.

-MM

Edit: I forgot "Cowboy Chris Jericho!" Bob Armstrong notwithstanding, never do a cowboy gimmick. It's a total career killer. Trust me on this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thescreamingalpha.com
Johnny Anderson

Johnny Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Help with my gimmick   Help with my gimmick Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 9:38 pm

Mean Machine wrote:
Johnny speaks the truth. Every successful RL wrestler has had to go through a bunch of gimmicks before they found one that played with part of their real personality. Without that connection any character is doomed.

Anybody remember "Stunning Steve Austin" as one half of the Hollywood Blonds? How about as The Ringmaster? Did anybody see a future superstar in "Blue Chipper" Rocky Maivia? Did you see Scott Hall as Vinnie Vegas and think "There goes a kid headed for the big time?" And who could forget good old Scottie Flamingo?

My point is don't be afraid to keep exploring until you find your inner character. You'll know it when you get there.

-MM

Edit: I forgot "Cowboy Chris Jericho!" Bob Armstrong notwithstanding, never do a cowboy gimmick. It's a total career killer. Trust me on this.
Don't forget the Hardy Brothers, they started out as two kinda creepy Austrailian guys.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine

Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Help with my gimmick   Help with my gimmick Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 6:46 pm

Really? The Hardys as creepy Aussies? I thought I knew all the embarassing old gimmicks. Where (which promotion I mean) and when was this? I think I first saw them as vampires in The New Brood. Poor Gangrel, he launched four superstar careers but ended up disappearing into obscurity himself. Last I heard of him he was kicking around Mexico as "Vampire Warrior."

Oh, and speaking of crazy tag team gimmick, I've heard (but never seen pics or video), that during their early days in one of the old territories Harlem Heat was managed by Col. Tom Parker and were essentially kayfabed as his SLAVES, complete with coming to the ring in chains. That sounds completely insane, but just barely plausible enough that I can believe it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thescreamingalpha.com
Johnny Anderson

Johnny Anderson

PostSubject: Re: Help with my gimmick   Help with my gimmick Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:51 pm

It was when they first debuted in WWF in 1993 or so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with my gimmick   Help with my gimmick Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with my gimmick
Page 1 of 1