Welcome To WUW.

Please Log In, Or Register

Goodluck and Have Fun
Worlds Ultimate Wrestling
Welcome To WUW.

Please Log In, Or Register

Goodluck and Have Fun
Worlds Ultimate Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the forum for Worlds Ultimate Wrestling. General Manager Backyard Bud.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Season 3 is coming! New Superstars, New Rosters, New Alliances!

ECW Heat Wave 1998. Best PPV ever? You decide.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mean Machine

Mean Machine

ECW Heat Wave 1998. Best PPV ever? You decide. Empty
PostSubject: ECW Heat Wave 1998. Best PPV ever? You decide.   ECW Heat Wave 1998. Best PPV ever? You decide. Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:47 am

While poking around my hard drives I happened upon a copy of perhaps the greatest PPV that ECW {the original and true ECW) ever ran: the legendary Heat Wave 1998. Just reading the card alone is enough to make the mouth water:

Justin Credible (the criminally underrated) vs. Jerry Lynn (who never achieved the success I though his talent deserved) Think you've seen a devastating finisher? Watch for the flying spike piledriver off the top rope. Ouch!

Chris Candido (the amazing talented guy who left us far too soon) vs. flat-out great wrestler Lance Storm in a grudge match between former tag partners.

Masato Tanaka and Mike Awesome pretty much half kill one another in another chapter of their apocalyptic feud. Ever see a 300 pound man do a suicide plancha INTO THE CROWD? You will in this match. Must be seen to be believed.

Sabu and Rob Van Dam (both at the height of their unbelievable powers) vs. the very talented Japanese team of Hayabusa and Jinsei Shinzaki for the tag team belts. Lamentably, longtime annoyance Bill Alfonzo is there managing RVD in the most annoying way possible. Just ignore him and concentrate on the amazing aerial action. If you think RVD is the Whole F'N Show now, WAIT until you see him here.

Taz vs. Bam Bam Bigelow in a Falls Count Anywhere match for the FTW Heavyweight Championship. If you've only seen Taz as a commentator, you need to check out this match from back when he was a ruthless badass. Think a guy Taz's size can't T-Bone suplex a mastodon like Bam Bam? Guess again...

Tommy Dreamer, Spike Dudley and The Sandman take on The Dudley Boyz (Buh Buh Ray, D-Von and Big Dick) (with Joel Gertner, Sign Guy Dudley and Jeff Jones) in a Street Fight that just smashes holy hell out of everyone and everything in the place. It's not my favorite style of work, but if brawling and blood is your thing, this is your match.

In short, there's pretty much something for everybody. Be aware, however, that there is a LOT of swearing and bloody violence in this show. If you or anybody around you has a problem with that, you should stay far away. That said, I've got it uploaded to RapidShare. I don't want to post the link because I might get Bud in trouble with the copyright fuzz, but anybody who would like it should feel free to PM me. It's a heck of a big file (over a gig) and it takes a while to download (two hours or more, depending on your connection), but it's SO worth it.

Take a look and see what all the fuss about "ECW...ECW" is all about.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thescreamingalpha.com
Nate Neptune

ECW Heat Wave 1998. Best PPV ever? You decide. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECW Heat Wave 1998. Best PPV ever? You decide.   ECW Heat Wave 1998. Best PPV ever? You decide. Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:54 pm

Best PPV ever? Maybe... there's been some really good ones over the years. This is easily ECW's best PPV card without a doubt. And if you've never seen it, it really is worth a look.
Back to top Go down

ECW Heat Wave 1998. Best PPV ever? You decide.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Worlds Ultimate Wrestling :: Welcome to WUW! :: General Chat-
Jump to: