Welcome To WUW.

Please Log In, Or Register

Goodluck and Have Fun
Worlds Ultimate Wrestling
Welcome To WUW.

Please Log In, Or Register

Goodluck and Have Fun
Worlds Ultimate Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the forum for Worlds Ultimate Wrestling. General Manager Backyard Bud.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Season 3 is coming! New Superstars, New Rosters, New Alliances!

Guide to help newcomers make a gimmick

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CGHasp

CGHasp

Guide to help newcomers make a gimmick Empty
PostSubject: Guide to help newcomers make a gimmick   Guide to help newcomers make a gimmick Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 5:25 am

I don't mean to be a smartypants or think that I am smarter than anyone but I know that sometimes a few people especially those that are new to "RolePlay" because Me and Whit-e didn't really have any gimmick at all in Honor! or HIW because when we started we were not sure what to do and were even afraid of copying other's people gimmick {I litarelly read half the roster gimmick to make sure I was unigue} and I hope that this Guide might help some people get the the right gimmick. Note that everyone else that think they can help can add too! And yes I do have alot of free time {school break}

How your In-game name might affect you : Now this isn't really important but Gimmick names makes your Gimmick feel more unigue and can have important affects later on your TWG RP career {Yes Career XD} such as King Whit-e had a King gimmick but at some point he really wanted to have a gimmick of a priest but felt that his name didn't really match. Luckily you can ask the VGMs or our GM to change your name abit {Such as in the entrance} to match your gimmick more.

Face, heel or Tweener? : This is probably one of the most difficult part of a gimmick because when you start off you might choose a heel but then you get bored and decides to be a good guy and then you get bored of that and decides again to become a tweener! It might feel easy at first since tweeners can be both good and evil but you can't be too good or too evil. The easiest thing to do is plan your rps and how your character will act first so that you'll know which position is best for long terms.

Making up an history: Some people would actually leave this part or just make a short one such as "I was born in Russia, parents died yer sad and wanted to join wrestling and I won't let anyone boss me around" but several people like me really like to tell the story of our character more but can't think of one, will here is how I handled it. Write a story about yourself and just add some dramatic twists like you drop out of school or parents died {notes that you are in no way expressing your will of wanting to kill your parents when you add this part... unless you want to} but make sure that it match your gimmick abit, doesn't have to be hundred percent matching. And instead of a short and empty history you might get "I was born in a small town in Russia but I don't really know the name. I was raised in a foster house but I left because I felt it wasn't right, I never really knew my real parents because my foster parents found me in their door steps" and so on. Note that history can come in play in many of your rps and it really helps.

Nationality, Age, Weight and Height: This is pretty easy if you can make up a history so I put them into one. You can choose to have your real life nationality for your character or if your gimmick needs something like "Death Valley {For deadman types} or make up your own country but if you can't decide just leave it blank or say Unknown. Age is actually important if you don't know because it can and will affect your rps such as if you chose 19 you can add to your a gimmick a "Young Lion" type of personality meaning you want to be in the top and want to beat every veteren in the business. If you choose to be 30 or more you can add a veteren personality to your gimmick. Weight and Height are not really important but you should keep it realistic.
Back to top Go down
Mean Machine

Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Guide to help newcomers make a gimmick   Guide to help newcomers make a gimmick Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 5:48 am

Awesome job, CG. Thanks for writing this up. I think a lot of people aren't grasping the finer points of the "gimmick" and this could really help. Well done.

-MM

Oh, and I think you do Crazy Guy about as well as anybody I've ever seen, so keep up the good work. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.thescreamingalpha.com
Mean Machine

Mean Machine

PostSubject: Re: Guide to help newcomers make a gimmick   Guide to help newcomers make a gimmick Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 6:21 am

I'll also add to this a word about entrances. A good entrance writeup is important because it introduces your wrestler and instantly tells people what he's about. Nobody who ever saw Kane's entrance during his Big Red Machine days had to wonder what his story was. Spooky gothic music, red lights, and wicked red pyro from the turnbuckles.

The thing is. you also have to use some restraint. There are some entrances floating around that go a dozen or two lines, and that's a bit much, especially if you're a comparatively low-level guy. I'd like to see things limited to five to eight lines if at all possible, because it will be much easier to incorporate them into the match reports. A tight little paragraph should be able to get your point across.

Here are some good examples of what I'd like to see more of:
https://wultimatewrestling.forumotion.com/t33-crash-course-entrance He's not here any more, but still a good entrance
https://wultimatewrestling.forumotion.com/t185-meanmachine-s-entrance Yeah, it's mine...

And what not to do:
https://wultimatewrestling.forumotion.com/t82-dreadnaught-soth-s-entrance

And finally. PROOF THESE THINGS. Seriously. They'll be with you in every match, so take some extra time and make them as good as they can be, eh?

-MM
Back to top Go down
http://www.thescreamingalpha.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guide to help newcomers make a gimmick   Guide to help newcomers make a gimmick Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guide to help newcomers make a gimmick
Page 1 of 1